Mobile Number Portability ( MNP )- Boon or Bane in Reality. Problems Faced

Mobile Number Portability a service which is been launched in India on 20th Jan 2011. It was considered to be a greatest new year gift any government can give to it's citizen. Though it was delayed for more than 2 years. It did finally took off.

My Experience with Mobile Number Portability went very rough though. I'll narrate you with all the things i've done and Problem I've faced.

Jan 20th : Googled  about the steps to be followed when applying for mobile number portability.

Jan 21st : I Requested my Unique Porting Code from 1900

Jan 24th : I went to a retailer got new 'Simcard' after paying 24 Rupees( though the government claims it to be 19 Rupees only).

Feb 1: Called up Airtel customer care 1800 103 1111 (Worst ever customer care help line ever. Trust me, the customer care executive just drop my call as they were unable to answer my query) After calling them for nearly 10 Time ( I'm Serious) One fine guy said that I'll port today for sure 200 Percent. The sad part about Airtel customer care is that these guys don't have any idea about what is happening and what the process is.

Feb 2 Morning: Called up Airtel again, asked them why it have not ported yet, Those people blame my existing operator for my delayed response.

Feb 2 Noon: I went to Aircel Showroom(Existing Operator) and enquired about it, they said that they have not got any request from Airtel.

Feb 2 Evening: Went to Airtel Showroom , sad to say my existing operator's office is way much better maintained. They have proper token system which provides an easy customer service. Airtel Office was just like a fish market. People dashing each other, officers being rude and irresponsible.

Feb 3: Lost my hope, but tried to contact Airtel guys once again. They said to reapply with new Simcard again.

I thought to wait for my Old UPC to expire.


Feb 5: A verification call from Airtel, I was like WTF they verify me after my 7 days period is expired. I asked her why is it taking so much of time she said she isn't having any idea.But sadly even after verification is done, I got no responce from them at all.

Feb 11: Old porting code Expired , so Went to 'Airtel Show Room' , after explaining all that happen to me. That guy suggested to apply a fresh. I was happy that this time atleast it should be done.

Feb 14 Noon: I receive a call from 'Airtel Distributor' he says that my Number is still associated with the old MNP Simcard. He asks me my old MNP sim card number

Feb 14 Evening: He says that my number is already in Processing stage according to the reply he gets from the central agency, and there is no option but to wait till that request gets expired.

Feb 20 : The distributor says to collect the form form his office, as the Central Agency Which does this MNP is just blocking the portability which is to be done. He told me to apply with the same form after a month.


Mar 9 : Upon not collecting the form, the distributor just tried to process the request form once again. And luckily it worked. I immediately got a Message from my operator Aircel that the request will be processed within 15th march.

Mar15 Midnight : I could see porting taking place, my old simcard stopped working

Mar 15 Morning : I Dialed 123 and just recharge with a small amount. But I was surprised to see that the I was not able to make any Incoming and outgoing calls.

Mar 15 11:00 : Upon trying the customer care for long, I finally got a good English speaking customer care executive. She ask me to verify myself, with address as mentioned in proof, Value of recharge done, Balance. Validity etc.

PS: This is supposed to be a verification call which I should have got during my 7 days tenure. They simply have not done it and we customer should suffer for their karma.

Mar 15 16:00 : I got my Incoming and outgoing calls done. Instead of 2 hrs blackout time, it took me 16 hrs in one view and 2 months in an another view.


I'm like WTF, It's a curse. Not a easy job Guys, big trouble to face in the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Friends-They say

Engineer Vs Plumber

Indian Obama